.

Monochrome Days





I think I've forgotten what its like to wear colour, having been living in various shades of monochrome for the last 6 months and counting (my face in the first picture dictates my feelings on this matter pretty succinctly). Don't get me wrong, I'll always instinctively go for the grey and black options, especially when it comes to the classics, leather, denim, cashmere etc, but it's about this time of year that I always lose my mojo slightly when it comes getting dressed in the morning due to some sort of monochrome monotony. 

 But the odd new detail, be it a rip or a zip, can make everything just that bit more interesting. I say 'interesting' tentatively here as anyone can see this is about as basic as it gets, but that's how I like it I'm afraid. Likewise, this vintage Celine clutch is my favourite thing to carry around right now. My signature black duffel has its place, but right now there's something really nice about leaving the house without being weighed down by the equivalent in kilos of a small child. As long as I have a few, deep pockets, I prefer to leave the baggage at home in favour of something more portable like this guy. Although being me, I'm already fantasizing about teaming it with some Levi's cut-offs and slides. You can take the girl out of summer and all that....  

On a side note, does anyone have some good tips/products for keeping blonde hair bright and the brassiness at bay? Mine is suffering so if anyone has any words of wisdom, they would be much appreciated! I'm up for anything, egg yolks, avocado, ketchup, the works.... 


Jeans, Zara | Leather jacket, Whistles | Polo neck, Topshop | Boots, Zara, Clutch, vintage Celine via Vestiaire Collective 
Other options below.