.

Layers of Grey



One thing I really hate about winter is how limited my wardrobe suddenly seems. I'm practically cold-blooded (lots in common with lizards as far as physiology is concerned) so keeping warm is prioritized above everything else, meaning the likes of bare legs, open coats and flimsy shirts are out of the equation for a couple of months. Instead, jeans, jumpers, duvet-like coats and boots become something of a uniform. And no matter how much you love said coat or said boots, its at about this time of year that we're all just about over embracing winter and start to look forward to spring and all the new season has to offer. Or is that just me... 

The main thing really I miss is my leather jacket. I live it for 3/4 of the year (I say 'it' but there are normally a couple on rotation) and have got to that point now where I'm pining for easier, breezier temperatures that require little thought or planning in terms of outerwear.

In the meantime, its all about trying to find happy mediums which normally means one thing; layers. I picked up this sleeveless grey coat in the Zara sale recently in the hope of layering it up with said leather jacket to try break the monotony of my current Eskimo-like sartorial ways. Hurry up Spring, we miss ya. 


Coat // Zara
Leather Jacket // Whistles
Jeans // Zara (similar from Current Elliot)
T-shirt //Olive Clothing 
Watch // Larsson and Jennings
Rings // Theodora Warre, Natalie Marie jewellery and Noemi Klein
Boots // Sandro (similar from Kurt Geiger)


ph. by James Wright