.

Winter Skin Saviours


At this time of year, my skin can take a real dive for the worse. It starts to look grey, tired and generally lacking after several months of zero Viatmin D, drying central heating and one too many Christmas parties and late nights.

Thankfully, this year's Christmas presents included plenty of new products to try get my skin back into shape (Space NK clearly did very well out of my family this year - as did I) and so far they seem to be doing the trick. Thanks Father Christmas. For anyone else suffering from sallow, unhappy winter skin, I thought I'd note down the products I've been relying on recently that might just help...

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish | My mum's been banging on about this forever and I can finally see why. Less hassle than Eve Lom so you can use it in the shower in the mornings and it really does make winter skin glow again. Exfoliating without being abrasive which is just what sensitized, dry skin needs.

Aesop Rose Facial Oil | This oil is so rich you only need a few drops and it sinks in immediately.  I dare your face not to love this stuff. 

Lucas Papaw Ointment | The only thing that's worked to heal my badly chapped hands (gross I know - I get it every single winter without fail) and dry lips. 

Eve Lom Hydrating Serum | This just boosts any moisturiser to the next level. Almost like a sealant for hydration. Give it a minute to soak in before putting oil or moisturiser on top before you go to bed.

Aesop Rejuvenating Hand Cream | Another hand saviour - smells amazing too. Aesop really is my favourite beauty brand right now.

Jurlique Day Cream | A much thicker moisturiser than I'd normally go for but it's worked wonders. It might make you a bit shiny initially but the results are really worth it. A little goes a long way too so it probably works out as economical as something cheaper that's nowhere near as effective.

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm | This has cult like status in my house - my sisters and I have probably been using this for about 15 years in total! It just gives your skin that extra boost before you put makeup on. Especially important in the winter when dry skin means anything powdery pretty much flakes off within an hour or two.


Just added new pieces to my blog shop including Isabel Marant, Club Monaco, Urbn Outfitters, Iro and vintage pieces. Check it all out here - more coming soon!

Shop Fashion Me Now